As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure, so is the case with running any business. Material handling equipment can be thought of as the blood and bones of any manufacturing industry.
These are essential to provide efficient moving, sorting, lifting, and other solutions for all your raw, processed, or finished goods.
Material handling equipment manufacturers produce highly functional machines for an optimized yield of the entire unit.
Maintenance of material handling equipment is essential because faulty equipment can end up disrupting your entire production line, thus affecting productivity.
Strategize to Maintain Your Material Handling Equipment
Maintenance is divided into four types, namely Corrective/Breakdown, Scheduled, Preventive and Predictive Maintenance. Corrective/Breakdown maintenance strategy can be used by smaller factories, where faulty equipment won’t bring the entire production line to a screeching halt.
All other maintenance types are of the stitch-in-time type. They can prove to be a tad costly in the beginning, but periodic maintenance of your machine handling equipment will increase the productive lifetime of your machine.
- First, make an inventory of all your product equipment and physical assets. While you are preparing the list, consider factors like working conditions, hours of operation, size and age of equipment, etc. to ensure you can identify priority areas.
- Discuss the normal working conditions with craftsmen and include them in the process of devising a plan to better maintain your equipment.
- Evaluate the current state of maintenance for the equipment and monitor their conditions periodically. For preventive measures, you could schedule weekly or monthly shutdowns for maintenance purposes.
- It is advisable to hire a dedicated technician who specializes in the maintenance of material handling equipment. Training and refresher courses should be provided to all employees concerned with handling equipment.
- You can avoid the loss of business caused by mechanical failures by keeping spare parts. Always keep manuals, documents, procedures, inventories near the machines. The best way to increase the life of your equipment is by using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Instructions provided by your material handling equipment supplier.
The Promising Future of Material Handling Equipment in India
“Fact File: According to a study conducted in 2015, the global automated material handling equipment industry was valued at USD $26.02 billion, which is expected to rise to approximately $44.68 billion by the year 2020 with a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 7%.”
The projected market size of material handling equipment in the Asia-Pacific Region in the study was the largest – 30%. In India, the expected CAGR from 2016 to 2020 for the machine handling industry is expected to be at an astounding rate of 10%.
Meeka Machinery, one of the most renowned material manufacturing equipment suppliers in Ahmedabad, offers high-tech ergonomic designs for your manufacturing firm.
We have grown to be one of the most reliable companies in domestic and international markets with over three decades of experience in providing world-class equipment.
Get in touch with the best material manufacturing equipment suppliers in the country to invest in the latest technology for material handling processes today!